To apply for the McNair Scholars Program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at Ripon College, Lawrence University or St. Norbert College, as a Sophomore standing or above;
- Have a 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA;
- Hold U.S. citizenship or permanent U.S. residency;
- Come from a low-income family (as determined by Federal TRIO Programs guidelines) and be the first generation to complete a baccalaureate degree (neither parent having completed a four-year college degree) or be a member of a group that is underrepresented in graduate education (African American, Native American, or Hispanic/Latino); and
- Intend to enter a graduate program and pursue a Ph.D. after earning a bachelor’s degree.
If you meet all requirements listed above, you may proceed to the application. Make sure you have all required information and documents before beginning the application as you are not able to save the application and return to it later.
- Application form
- Eligibility form
- Signature release form
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- A copy of 2014 Income Tax Return and 2015-16 SAR
- Office university/college transcripts