Librarian for Technology
Available in Lane Library
We have the following available for check-out:
- 3 iPads: These iPads come preloaded with a variety of apps, as well as the ability to download eBooks from our collection and access electronic resources.
- 2 Sony HDR-PJ380 Handycam Camcorders: Small, lightweight video camera, easy to record and create videos for projects. For further information and instructions, please refer to the user guide.
- 2 Tripods
How do I checkout technology?
Digital camcorders and iPads can only be checked out from and returned to a librarian, during the hours of 7:30 am - 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
What is required for checkout?
Digital technology check-outs are available to students, faculty and staff. A valid Ripon College ID must be present for checkout.
Why can't I download new apps to the iPad?
When our iPads go out for checkout, they are removed from all iTunes accounts, and thus cannot download or update apps, free or otherwise. If there is an app you would like, please contact a librarian and place a request.
Please see our current list of iPad apps to see what is currently available.
What about my personal data (passwords, email, etc.)?
The safest action is to remove any personal information from the device before you return it. However, each iPad will be restored to the default setting upon each check in, deleting all data and apps from the previous user. The Library is not responsible for anything you put or leave on our equipment.
How long can I keep an iPad or Camcorder?
The loan period is three days.
How do I find out if an iPad or Camcorder is available?
Ripon College has purchased these technology items in order to provide students, faculty and staff access to technology. It is our hope to promote access and enhance innovative teaching and learning methods, as well as provide understanding and familiarity with evolving technology.
- A replacement charge will be imposed if the device is not returned within three days of the due date, including if it is lost or stolen. (replacement cost for the latest model, approximately up to the following amounts: iPad: $700; camcorder: $575)
- If damage occurs to any components or accessories, charges will be imposed as appropriate.
- Checkout period is three days.
- Return the device to a librarian Monday through Friday, from 7:30am to 5:30pm. Do not place the device in the book drop.
- All components (charging/syncing cables, bag/covers, memory cards) must be returned at the same time.
- The borrower is responsible for removing/transferring any documents, images, software or apps purchased or added to library equipment before returning it. All user information and content will be removed when the equipment is returned and cannot be recovered by the library.
- Never leave library equipment in an enclosed car or exposed to direct sunlight, as this may damage the equipment, and you could be assessed a repair/replacement charge up to the full cost of the damaged equipment.
- Never leave library equipment unattended or loan it to another person; you are responsible for the equipment until you have returned it to a librarian and it is checked in