Challenge: Farm to Landfill
Catalyst 300 – Farm to Landfill
Librarian for Catalyst 300 - Farm to Landfill
Reserve Books: Found on the Catalyst Shelves on 3A
Waste Not: How To Get The Most From Your Food - TX652 .W37 2018
Waste: Uncovering the global food scandal - TD899.F585 S78 2009
Food Loss and Food Waste: Causes and solutions - HD9000.5 B63 2019
Eating tomorrow: agribusiness, family farmers, and the battle for the future of food - HD9000.5 .W489 2019
Garbage Land: On the Secret Trail of Trash - TD788 .R69 2006
American Wasteland - HD9005 .B654 2010
Freegans - HD9975.U52 B27 2016
The Oxford handbook of food ethics - TX357 .O94 2018
How to feed the world - HD9000.5 .H69 2018
Search Terms | link to search in catalog
Discovery Search- Search Lane Library books, e-books, and articles in one place.
Articles are intended to discuss specific points about topics. Although articles are easy to find, they aren’t always the best place to start until you’ve gotten a handle on key issues and vocabulary of your topic.
Discovery Search- Search books, e-books, and articles in one place.
Academic Search Complete: Wide range of academic disciplines, including for scholarly and popular journals.
BioOne: Full-text journals in biology, ecology, and environmental science.
GreenFile: Collection of scholarly, government, and general interest titles covering environmental studies.
JSTOR- Full-text archive of scholarly journals in the arts and sciences. Issues from the past three to five years may not be available.
Nexis Uni: over 150,000 news sources, including local, regional, national, and international newspapers.
PsycInfo/PsycArticles: Behavioral science and related disciplines.
ProQuest Social Science Journals: Social science topics.
Government Documents, Institutions and Think Tanks
- CIA World Factbook https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/ : Background information on each country in the world
- Feeding America
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Gallup Poll: Public opinion polls regularly conducted on political, social, and economic issues. Also published annually in print format, found in Quarto at HN90.P8 G35.
- Individual state websites: For example, Wisconsin Department of Health Services and their nutrition and food assistance programs
- Proquest Statistical Abstracts: Over 1400 indexed tables of statistics on the social, political, and economic organization of the United States.
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals - Goal 1: No Poverty; Goal 2: Zero Hunger; Goal 3: Good Health & Wellbeing; Goal 10: Reduced Inequalities; Goal 11: Sustainable Cities & Communities
- UN System Network on Rural Development and Food Security
- University of Wisconsin - Extension
- USDA Foreign Agriculture Service: Describes USDA’s efforts to assist developing countries improve their agricultural systems. Includes programs, data analysis, and news.
- U.S. Food & Drug Administration
- Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade, and Consumer Protection
- World Almanac: Annual book with political, economic, scientific, and educational statistics.