Financial Aid Counselor
Ripon College is seeking applications for a Financial Aid Counselor, reporting to the Director of Financial Aid. Ripon College, founded in 1851, is an independent, residential liberal arts and sciences college nationally recognized for its quality undergraduate education.
The Financial Aid Counselor position is a full-time non-exempt position whose primary responsibilities would include: the coordination of the campus work study programs (federal and institutional) for students; the coordination of scholarship awards with the Office of Advancement and department chairs; reviewing financial aid applications through completion; working with the Office of Admissions; and meeting with students and their families on all aspects of financial aid.
Other Major Responsibilities:
- Development and maintenance of scholarship policies and procedures
- Verifying students’ federal aid applications
- Providing counseling and advising to prospective and current students and parents on the availability, process and types of financial aid
- Certifying alternative loans for Ripon College students
- Maintaining a working knowledge of financial need analysis and regulations
- Working with the Admission Office, as needed, to follow up on financial aid application processing and awards with prospective students
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Financial Aid including cross training in all areas of office responsibility
- Maintaining confidentiality and security concerning all information and records
- Maintaining a positive work environment by cooperating in a professional manner with the College community
Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree required with financial aid experience at the college level preferred. Demonstrated interpersonal, organizational and communication skills are essential. Extensive knowledge of computer applications and systems (e.g. PowerFaids, Jenzabar Systems, Microsoft Suite, etc.) is important, as well as willingness to learn and train on new systems.
Candidate must be able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines along with working independently and as a team player. The successful candidate will demonstrate attention to detail and ability to multi-task. Demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience with promoting inclusivity required.
For full consideration, please send a letter of interest, resume, statement on how you will contribute to diversity and inclusion efforts on campus and 3 references, to Paula Schultz ([email protected]). Review of applications will begin the week of April 19, 2021 and continue until the position is filled. To request a full job description contact Paula Schultz at [email protected].
Ripon College is committed to the principles of equal opportunity and adheres to non-discriminatory policies in employment and student enrollment. Ripon College is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages women and minorities to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com