Assistant/Associate Professor of Exercise Science
The faculty at Ripon College is a talented and dynamic group of teacher-scholars who work closely with a diverse student population on capstone and undergraduate research projects and participate in interdisciplinary collaboration with one another on scholarship and creative activity. The faculty benefit from wide-ranging opportunities for support including curriculum development grants, travel grants, scholarly/artistic grants, and colleague teaching grants. Successful applicants for faculty positions at Ripon College will join a group of teacher-scholars who embrace the standards of social justice; value the principles of equity and inclusion, and seek to foster and facilitate student achievement at all levels.
The Department of Exercise Science at Ripon College is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time, tenure-track, position as Assistant or Associate Professor to begin August 2021. Applicants are required to have a Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science, Kinesiology, or a closely related field at the time of appointment. Candidates should have a strong commitment to teaching at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, as well as the ability and willingness to establish an effective research agenda with student involvement. Teaching may include undergraduate and graduate courses related to biomechanics, strength, and conditioning, sports nutrition, cardiovascular physiology, and exercise testing and prescription. Additional expectations include advising students in the department, mentoring undergraduate and graduate research projects, service to the college, department, and community, as well as active involvement in professional organizations.
- Ph.D. in Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science, Kinesiology or closely related field
- Ability to teach a variety of classes related to exercise physiology
- Clearly articulated research agenda
- Strong commitment to student-centered active learning and student engagement
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching one or more of the following courses: biomechanics, strength and conditioning, sports nutrition, cardiovascular physiology, exercise testing, and prescription
- Demonstrated experience working in multicultural environments and interest in developing curricula related to diverse populations
- Willingness to develop courses building on the established curricula and contribute, with potential to the development of graduate-level courses and curricula.
- Evidence of successful collaborative work across disciplines
- Ability to establish a research program that engages both undergraduate and graduate students
- ACSM or NSCA certification
- Commitment to undergraduate and graduate advising
- Demonstrated ability to mentor undergraduate and graduate research projects
Deadline: Screening will begin February 15, 2021, and continue until the position is filled
Applicants should submit the following documents as PDF files to Dr. Brittany Followay, Search Committee Chair, at [email protected]
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Statements outlining
- Teaching philosophy
- Philosophy on diversity, inclusion, and access
- Research agenda
- Unofficial transcripts
- Three letters of recommendation
This position is open to all qualified applicants. Ripon College encourages applications from individuals from underrepresented groups in the professoriate, including, for example, African Americans, Hispanics, Native Americans, Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, other Pacific Islanders, first-generation college students, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, individuals who have followed non-traditional pathways to college due to exceptional talent and motivation in the face of adversity, such as societal, economic or academic disadvantages, and individuals with a demonstrated commitment to applying and including diverse backgrounds and perspectives to learning, scholarship, and leadership in the academy. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H1B sponsorship) is available for this position.
Ripon College is committed to the principles of equal opportunity and adheres to non-discriminatory policies in employment and student enrollment. Ripon College is an equal opportunity employer. http://www.ripon.edu.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org