Ripon College welcomes and encourages applicants from all over the world. International applications are reviewed on a rolling admission basis. Students are encouraged to submit all required information to Ripon well in advance of the beginning of each academic year. It is to the candidate’s advantage to apply early.
An international applicant should present the following:
- A completed application. You may apply online or complete a Common Application online.
- International applicants are required to provide an unofficial transcript, in English, when they apply. If accepted, a student is required to provide an official evaluation of their secondary schooling and/or post-secondary schooling. We encourage students to utilize One Earth Evaluations or World Education Services. These evaluations can take several weeks to complete, please plan accordingly.
- A TOEFL, IELTS, GTEC, SAT or ACT score is required for all international students whose native language is not English, or whose previous instruction was not in English for a substantial portion of their education. Applicants are required to demonstrate their proficiency in English through results from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS), Global Test of English Communication (GTEC), or an ACT or SAT score.
- Acceptable minimum scores:
- TOEFL Paper: 550
- TOEFL Computer Based Test: 213
- TOEFL Internet Based Test: 79
- IELTS: 6.5 out of 9 overall band score
- GTEC Computer Based: 1200 out of 1400
- SAT: 550 out of 800 on Critical Reading
- ACT: 24 out of 36 on English/Writing
- Ripon College Certificate of Finance Form (PDF). This form is not required for an admission decision to be made. Ripon College does require that this form be submitted to Ripon College before an official I-20 document is mailed to a student. This document must be accompanied by at least an official bank statement from each source of funding that is notarized and signed by a bank official reflecting the final balance of the account in U.S. dollars. Ripon College will also accept the International Student Financial Aid Application (ISFAA) form through College Board; an official bank statement, notarized and signed by a bank official with the total balance in the account listed in US Dollars from each funding source is still required.
- High School Counselor Recommendation Form. This form must be completed by a school counselor or teacher.