Office of the President
- Will create junior staff fellowship positions across the College to be filled by recent RC graduates who will bring added diversity to Ripon’s workforce. These positions will be 1-2 one year fellowships and could be in student life, admissions, athletics, development, the business office and the Office of the President.
- Will launch a micro-grant process to allow faculty, staff, and/or students to apply for up to $2000 to develop new initiatives that support diversity on campus. Examples, among others, might include funds to bring in outside speakers, attend conferences or promote public awareness on campus.
- Will host an annual summit with the Ripon College community (trustees, faculty, staff, students, alumni) to report on the progress, challenges and impediments to creating a more diverse and inclusive campus.
Vice President and Dean of Faculty
- Will develop a 2-3 week summer honors program (summer 2021) designed to mentor under-represented students prior to the first year of their college experience.
- Will plan for post-doctoral fellowship(s) in critical academic areas, to be filled by candidate(s) who bring added diversity to the faculty.
Vice President for Enrollment
- Will collaborate with current Ripon College students to focus on the recruitment of underrepresented student populations.
- Will increase financial aid support to help retain continuing students from diverse backgrounds who can demonstrate additional financial need.
Vice President and Dean of Student Life
- Will continue building bridges with the Ripon Police Department for dialogue and mutual understanding between students and the community.
- Will work with the Center for Diversity and Inclusion, the Associated Colleges of the Midwest and the Higher Education Diversity Team (HEDIT) to promote student awareness about national, state and local issues of relevance.
Vice President for Finance
- Will provide training for a group of faculty and staff to act as “diversity advocates” on search committees.
- Will require that job postings be vetted by Human Resources to ensure that postings reflect our commitment to hiring a diverse workforce.
- Will front load diversity into the hiring process by having candidates reflect on how they will contribute to a more diverse campus in their application materials and requiring that search committee chairs provide a plan for how they will widen their search to include a more diverse pool of applicants.
Vice President for Advancement, Alumni and Constituent Engagement, and Marketing
- Will create a fundraising initiative to increase financial aid for students coming from the city of Milwaukee.
- Will facilitate a discussion between the Inclusion Audit Committee and the Board of Trustees and the Alumni Board at the October annual meetings to discuss their recommendations.
- Will work the Trusteeship Committee to improve diversity representation on the Board Trustees and Alumni Board.
Director of Athletics
- Will work with athletic teams and coaches to raise campus awareness about social issues and concerns important to student athletes.