The Ripon College campus embraces a Four Year Plan for Career and Professional Development, based on the premise that career planning is a development process which involves learning and decision-making over an extended period of time.
- Knowledge: Emphasis on collaboration, developing writing skills and information literacy.
- Skills, Abilities and Behaviors: Identify core values, interests and experiences.
- Activities and Indicators: Enroll in Catalyst 110 and 120 courses to focus on building writing and quantitative reasoning skills, schedule an individual meeting with Career and Professional Development, and select from any number of CareeRed events.
- Outcomes: Identify one interest issue, understand where to find career assistance and complete your Year 1 dashboard within CareeRed.
- Knowledge: Emphasis on developing critical thinking and oral communication skills, and intercultural competence.
- Skills, Abilities and Behaviors: Focus on self-discovery, identifying learning styles and leadership traits.
- Activities and Indicators: Enroll in Catalyst 210 and 220 courses to focus on building intercultural competence and integrating disciplines, meet with faculty advisor(s), schedule a leadership assessment, and select from any number of CareeRed events.
- Outcomes: Identify an area of study, participate in one assessment and complete your Year 2 dashboard within CareeRed.
- Knowledge: Emphasis on finding experiential learning opportunities, understanding workplace and/or graduate school requirements.
- Skills, Abilities and Behaviors: Prepare to identify career paths, develop self-efficacy and conduct self-evaluations.
- Activities and Indicators: Complete a Catalyst Internship, successfully participate in a TAS Work Day, attend a conference, and select from any number of CareeRed events.
- Outcomes: Identify career paths, complete a career experience and complete your Year 3 dashboard within CareeRed.
- Knowledge: Focus on developing a network and learning how to interact successfully, making connections and telling your story.
- Skills, Abilities and Behaviors: Develop key traits of professionalism, expertise in various technologies and self identification of career fit.
- Activities and Indicators: Attend a career transition conference, successfully complete BYOBriefcase event, and select from any number of CareeRed events.
- Outcomes: Develop individualized career plan, participate in Commencement Link and complete your Year 4 dashboard within CareeRed.