- Basic Information
- Awards & Honors
- Areas of Interest
Professor of Psychology
Office: Todd Wehr B15
- B.A., Valparaiso University
- Ph.D., University of Iowa
- PSC 110: General Psychology
- PSC 211: Research Design and Statistics I
- PSC 212: Research Design and Statistics II
- PSC 234: Infant Development
- PSC 235: Child Development
- PSC 242: Adolescence and Emerging Adulthood
- PSC 339: Cognitive Processes
- PSC 523: Research Seminar
- PSC 524: Senior Studies
- CTL 120: Learning & Memory
- CTL 300 Applied Innovation Seminar
Learn more about Dr. Kovack-Lesh's Infant Cognition Lab
Awards & Honors
- 2015: May Bumby Severy, Class of 1908, Award
- 2013: Adults’ Perceptions of Elementary School Aged Student’ Mathematical Abilities (with Emily Connovich) McNair Scholar Award
- Summer 2012: Adolescents’ Perception of Mental Health as Acceptable or Not Acceptable Among Their Peers (with Lisa Aguilar) McNair Scholar Award
- Summer 2010: The Variability in Motor and Cognitive Development of Pre-term, Full-term, Singleton, and Multiple Infants (with Josie Ullsperger): McNair Scholar Award
- Kovack-Lesh, K. A., McMurray, B., & Oakes, L. M. (2014). Four-month-old infants’ visual investigation of pairs of cats and dogs: Relations with pet experience and attentional strategy. Developmental Psychology, 50, 402-413.
- McMurray, B., Kovack-Lesh, K.A ., Goodwin, D.*, & McEchron, W. D. (2013). Infant Directed Speech and the statistics of phonetics cues: Phonetic enhancement is an unintended consequence? Cognition, 129, 362-378.
Areas of Interest
- Developmental psychology
- Research areas: infant categorization, infant memory and infant speech perception
- Leuenberger, R.*, Andrews, C. M. #, Simmering, V. R., & Kovack-Lesh, K. A. (March 2019). Bridging the gap in attentional task design and developing age-appropriate measurements: A cross-task examination. Poster presented at the 72nd Biennial Meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development, Baltimore, MD.
- Andrews, C. M. #, Leuenberger, R.*, Kovack-Lesh, K. A., & Simmering, V. R. (March 2019). Attention across action systems: Bridging the gap in attention measurement techniques across development. Poster presented at the 72nd Biennial Meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development, Baltimore, MD.
- Leuenberger, R. *, Andrews, C. M. #, Kovack-Lesh, K. A., & Simmering, V. R. (July 2018). Comparing flanker effects in direction and color over development. Poster presented at the 40th Annual Meeting of the Cognitive Science Society, Madison, WI.
- Andrews, C. M.#, Coates, E.*, Kovack-Lesh, K. A., & Simmering, V. R. (April 2017). Comparing multiple measures of attention in preschool-aged children. Poster presented at the biennial meeting of the Society for Research in Child Development, Austin, TX
- Kovack-Lesh, K.A. (May 2016). Exploring the development of scene memory during infancy. Poster presented at the biennial meeting of the International Congress of Infant Studies, New Orleans, LA.