- Basic Information
- Awards & Honors
- Areas of Interest
- Professional Affiliations
Assistant Professor of Biology
Office: Farr 214
- Postdoctoral Scholar, biology education research
- Behavioral neuroendocrinology | University of Wisconsin-Madison Ph.D.
- Biology | Earlham College B.A.
- Anatomy and Physiology I
- Anatomy and Physiology II
- Biology of Sex and Gender
- Introductory Biology
- Catalyst 120
- Scientific Writing
Awards & Honors
- NSF Postdoctoral Scholar | NSF ADVANCE: Increasing the Participation and Advancement of Women in Academic Science and Engineering Careers (2015)
- Introductory Biology Educational Innovation Grant | Madison Initiative for Undergraduates at the University of Wisconsin - Madison (2015)
- Vilas Conference Presentation Grant | University of Wisconsin - Madison (2013)
- Menzies and Royalty Research Award (2012, 2013)
- Hertz Travel Award | Department of Psychology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
- Writing Across the Curriculum TA Fellow | Department of Psychology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison (2012)
- Honored Instructor Award | University of Wisconsin - Madison (2010)
- College Honors | Earlham College (2005)
- Senior Capstone and Departmental Honors | Earlham College (2005)
- Bemebenek BM, Meyers Manor JE, Kabacinski KM, Forbes-Lorman RM (submitted). Changes in ERɑ in socially relevant brain regions of male rats encountering novel females compared to novel males. Behavioural Brain research.
- Lily JA and Forbes-Lorman RM. 2020. Doctor in the house: Improving undergraduate critical thinking skills through diagnosing medical case studies. Coursesource.
- Forbes-Lorman RM, Korb MA, Moser AR, Franzen MA, Harris MA (submitted). Iterative curricular innovation cycles inspired by formative assessment helps uncover and address student learning challenges regarding molecular structure-function relationships. Journal of College Science Teaching.
- Aoki-Kramer M and Forbes-Lorman RM (submitted). The effects of litter sex compositions on juvenile play behavior and adult sex behavior in Sprague-Dawley rats. Bios.
- Forbes-Lorman RM, Harris MA, Chang WS, Nordheim EV, Dent EW, Franzen MA (2016). Physical models have gender-specific effects on student understanding of protein structure-function relationships. BAMBED.
- Forbes-Lorman RM, Kurian JR, Auger AP (2014). MeCP2 regulates GFAP expression within the developing brain. Brain Research. 1543:151-8.
- Forbes-Lorman RM, Auger AP, Auger CJ (2014). Neonatal RU-486 (mifepristone) exposure increases androgen receptor immunoreactivity and sex behavior in male rats. Brain Research. 1543:143-50.
- Forbes-Lorman RM, Rautio JJ, Kurian JR, Auger AP, Auger CJ (2012). Neonatal MeCP2 is important for the organization of sex differences in vasopressin expression. Epigenetics, 7(3):230-8
- Auger CJ, Coss D, Auger AP, Forbes-Lorman RM (2011). Epigenetic control of vasopressin expression is maintained by steroid hormones in the adult male rat brain. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA.108(10):4242-7.
- Kelm CA, Forbes-Lorman RM, Auger CJ, Riters LV (2010). Mu-opioid receptor densities are depleted in regions implicated in agonistic and sexual behavior in male European starlings (Sturnus vulgaris) defending nest sites and courting females. Behav Brain Res. 219(1):15-22
- Fuxjager MJ, Forbes-Lorman RM, Coss DJ, Auger CJ, Auger AP, Marler CA (2010). Winning territorial disputes selectively enhances androgen sensitivity in neural pathways related to motivation and social aggression. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 107(27):12393-8.
- Auger CJ, Forbes-Lorman RM (2008). Progestin receptor-mediated reduction of anxiety-like behavior in male rats. PLoS ONE 3(11): e3606
- Kurian JR, Bychowski ME, Forbes-Lorman RM, Auger CJ, Auger AP (2008). Mecp2 organizes juvenile social behavior in a sex-specific manner. J Neurosci, 28(28):7137-42
- Kurian, JR, Forbes-Lorman RM, Auger, AP (2007). Sex difference in Mecp2 expression during a critical period of rat brain development. Epigenetics, 2(3):1-6
Areas of Interest
- Behavioral neuroendocrinology
- Society for Behavioral Neuroendocrinology
- Society for Neuroscience
- Society for the Advancement of Biology Education Research
- Faculty for Undergraduate Neuroscience
- Human Anatomy and Physiology Society