- Basic Information
- Awards & Honors
- Areas of Interest
Professor of Sociology
Office: Bartlett 306
- B.A., Sociology, University of North Carolina-Asheville
- M.A., Sociology (minor in Appalachian Studies), Appalachian State University
- Ph.D., Sociology, North Carolina State University
- Sociology 110 Introduction to the Sociological Imagination
- Sociology 200 Consumer Culture
- Sociology 202 Sociology Through Film
- Sociology 204 Sociology of Jobs and Work
- Sociology 302 Sociology of Health and Medicine
- Sociology 304 Death, Dying, and Bereavement
- Sociology 304 Sociology of Inequality
- Sociology 401 Methods of Social Research
- Sociology 402 Social Research Project
Awards & Honors
- Hans O. Mauksch Outstanding Teaching Award, 2014, Wisconsin Sociological Association
- May Bumby Severy Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2014, Ripon College
- "Contemptible Collectibles" published in The Society Pages, Apr. 22, 2019.
- "Slavery in Appalachia – The Hidden History" published in The Society Pages, Mar. 22, 2019.
- "Hidden Black History in Appalachia" published in The Society Pages, Feb. 20, 2019.
- "How 'Pink Ribbon Culture' Harms Breast Cancer Patients and Survivors," published in Sociological Images, Oct. 3, 2016.
- “When Santa Sold Cigarettes,” published in Sociological Images, Dec. 24, 2015.
- "Fat Shaming: It's a Thing," published in Sociological Images, Oct. 7, 2015.
- Opinion piece published in Wisconsin State Journal, July 11, 2015.
- Presentation: “‘Look in on This One, Folks!': Auctioneers and Front Stage Entertainment in a Southern Auction House.” at the annual meeting of the Midwest Sociological Society; April 4, 2014: Omaha, Nebraska
- Clark, Jacqueline, Review of Buy It Now: Lessons from eBay by Michele White; Contemporary Sociology. March, 2014
- 2011 Clark, Jacqueline. “Engaging Students’ Minds and Emotions: Using Multiple Strategies to Teach About Suicide,” Sociological Imagination, 47(2): 17-20
- 2009 Clark, Jacqueline. Review of Sociology Through the Projector inContemporary Sociology: A Journal of Reviews, 38(2):192-293
- 2008 Clark, Jacqueline and Maxine Atkinson. “Analyzing the Social Construction of Gender in Birth Announcement Cards.” In Sociology Through Active Learning, 2nd edition. Edited by Kathleen McKinney, Frank Beck, and Barbara Heyl, Pine Forge Publishing
- 2005 Clark, Jacqueline. “Constructing Expertise: Inequality and the Consequences of Information-Seeking by Breast Cancer Patients,” Illness, Crisis, and Loss, 13(2):169-185
Areas of Interest
- Inequality (class, race, gender)
- Sociology of jobs, work and organizations
- Sociology of health and illness
- Qualitative research methods