Collaborative Space Edition
Would you like to design a space where students, faculty, and staff can work together? Is there a public area in your building that is in need of a serious makeover? Do you and your students need a place that will inspire creative, scholarly work?
As part of Ripon’s ongoing commitment to innovation and collaboration, we would like to create a new space that fosters these activities. The Office of the President will be offering one $10,000 grant to redesign a public space into a collaborative learning space. Spaces could include (but are not limited to):
- Departmental lounges,
- Lobbies or hallways in classroom buildings,
- Residence Hall lounges, or
- Creative spaces like nooks under stairwells.
We will be accepting applications until October 15. Successful project proposals will include:
- Description of the space in need of a makeover,
- Proposal for how the space will be used to support collaboration and innovation,
- Evidence that redesigning this space will have an impact on the campus community.
You do not need to find furniture or create a specific design plan! A designer will work with the winning proposal team to choose furniture, layout, etc. We will handle the budgeting and implementation of your vision.