- This event has passed.
Free Seminar–The Phoenix Rising Process: The Anatomy of Transformation & Resilience
April 17 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Free seminar for all students, staff, and faculty presented by Ripon College alumna and adjunct instructor, Sahnya Thom.
Description: College, breakups, new jobs, loss/divorce, health challenges, friendships changing, living with uncertainty, changing careers, graduation, taking care of a sick loved one, aging, and even growing ‘out’ of a life stage. These life transitions give us opportunities to transform, wake up, grow up, and become healthier and stronger. In this seminar, you will learn the anatomy of transformation like the myth of the Phoenix and how to remain centered, open, healthy, and resilient like a Modern Warrior. You will learn the importance of the four stages of transformation and sustainable wellness power tools for flourishing even during the toughest times. This is a very insightful and relevant experience for all walks of life and ages.
You will learn:
– The four stages of change and how it relates to Joseph Campbell’s “The Hero’s Journey” and even the movie, “The Wizard of Oz”
– How to identify which life transitions you are going through and stage you are in
– Meditations and mindfulness interventions to reduce anxiety and stress
– A deeper understanding of Change Fitness and Change Readiness
– How stories heal and The story of Post Traumatic Growth
– What grieving “well” really means
– How to build self-worth, self-confidence, and self-esteem
– The power of forgiveness, purpose, and building self-care tool kits