Computer and Data Sciences
Computer and Data Sciences combines technical skills with the liberal arts to hone problem-solving skills that may be used in a wide array of settings. The five courses of the minor build the core skills necessary to use computer applications and data analysis across disciplinary contexts.
20 credits that include:
- CSC 101 Introduction to Programming
- CSC 236 Data Analysis and Visualization
- CSC 336 Data Structures and Algorithms
- CSC 371 Artificial Intelligence and Applied Machine Learning
- 4 additional credits in CSC
- Skills in problem-solving, oral presentation writing and critical thinking are introduced and reinforced throughout the five core courses of the minor. Skills then are refined and developed at the upper division.