Ripon College offers a world-class educational experience to its students. We’re looking for students who are ready to respond to these opportunities with ambition, creativity, intellectual curiosity, action, and, most of all, an open mind.
Ripon encourages applications from those students who are best prepared to benefit from and contribute to the academic and extracurricular programs that it offers. In evaluating applications, attention is paid to evidence of academic achievement, as indicated both by the distribution of courses taken in secondary school and by performance in those courses. Below, we provide a few facts about our most recent incoming class of students:
G.P.A.-wise, our incoming students graduated in their high school’s:
- Top 10%: 23%
- Top 25%: 50%
- Top half: 87%
- Average G.P.A.: 3.4
When it comes to test scores:
Ripon is a test-optional institution. We will consider test scores if you elect to submit them.
- Average ACT score: 24
- 75% of incoming students scored above 21
- 25% scored above 27
- Average SAT score: 1149
- 75% of incoming students scored above 980
- 25% scored above 1270
Applicants who are required to submit test scores:
- Home-schooled applicants and candidates applying from secondary schools that do not provide grades are asked to submit results from one or more standardized test (either ACT or SAT).
- Applicants for whom English is a second language should take the TOEFL or IELTS. Scores can be submitted either directly from the testing agency (SAT code: 1664 / ACT code: 4636) or on your official secondary school transcript.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Geometry and Algebra II
- English: 4 years
- Social Studies: 3 years
- Natural Sciences: 3 years
- Additional units from the subject areas listed or foreign language, fine arts or computer science
To be well-prepared for a Ripon education, students should complete a minimum of 17 units of college preparatory work including:
AP/IB credit policy at Ripon
Students receiving a 4 or higher on most AP exams will receive 4 or more credits toward graduation at Ripon. Credit and placement are given to students who have passed the IB-North America courses, higher level, with a grade of five or better. Placement is subject to approval by the appropriate Ripon College academic department.
Are you ready to see where your future will lead? Ready to apply? Start here.