We’re still here: Hannah Roehl ’20

A future as a high school English teacher is being planned by Hannah Roehl ’20 of Princeton, Wisconsin. She is majoring in English with minors in educational studies and history and will be student teaching in the fall.

She also plans to take classes as an emergency medical technician at a technical college.

“The most important lesson from Ripon College that I am taking with me is how important it is to talk to your professor when things are awry or just to chat with them,” she says. “This will translate into my future as an educator where I will need to have many discussions with my boss/principal/administrator/school board.”

She says the off-campus end to the semester has been challenging for her. “I don’t mind working from home electronically,” she says. “But only some of my professors understand that I’m not solely a student right now and are letting my turn assignments in at my own pace. Other professors are expecting more out of me now that we’re home than when we were in the classroom. This is extremely frustrating to me due to the fact that I’m working part time, homeschooling my brother, doing practicum hours with a local middle school teacher, and being a full-time student.”