We’re still here: Zea Woods ’20

After graduation in May, Zea Woods ’20 plans to take specialized classes and work within the medical field to bulk up her transcript, as well as to study for the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE) test. She then will apply to master’s programs to physician assistant master’s programs.

At Ripon, the Hillsboro, Wisconsin, native is a psychobiology major with a minor in chemistry.

“Ripon taught me a great deal, about myself as well as about life,” Woods says. “The most important lesson I would say is to do what scares you; take the hard classes, do the research, try out a new club or sport, go on trips offered by the school, and keep moving forward. That’s what makes the best memories and what teaches you the most. Going forward from Ripon, I am ready for a challenge and am excited to do things I never have before.”

The off-campus transition has been “hard as I miss my professors, friends, sorority sisters and the campus itself,” she says. “I feel a little bit in denial that my college years are ending, and I am not quite ready to leave Ripon as it has really become my home. To cope, I spend a lot of time Facetiming and calling my friends that I used to see daily, doing art and enjoying the outdoors as much as I can.”