We’re still here: Garrett Kaczrowski ’20

For Garrett Kaczrowski ’20, the most important lesson he is taking with him from Ripon College is that of hard work, “that nothing is given,” he says. “I have grown up on that lesson, but Ripon College has really engrained that even more for me.

“School has never been a strong suit for myself and being at Ripon College and part of the baseball team really helped me learn how beautiful and awarding it is to accomplish something when you put countless hours into whatever you are doing. It helped me know that with hard work I was able to enjoy my journey through college and experience things that I never thought I would have been able to experience.”

The Sobieski, Wisconsin, native is majoring in business management with an emphasis on agriculture. He hopes to work in business/finance, agriculture or motorsports.

“With my last semester of college being off campus, it has been very hard and very stressful,” Kaczrowski says. “Along with my schooling being off campus, it has been a very stressful time with baseball as well, with the season being cancelled. The amount of emotions that have been going through me ever since spring break cannot even be explained by words.

“But the Ripon community and the way they are handling things with off-campus schooling has been very interesting. At first, I was very nervous but with the countless hours that the professors have been putting in, I have no doubt in my mind that things will work out smoothly. It will be a little challenging, but I am very interested and excited for what the rest of the semester has in store!”