Ripon College featured as a ‘best college’ by The Princeton Review
Ripon College is one of the nation’s best institutions for undergraduate education, according to The Princeton Review. The education services company’s 2018 edition of “The Best 382 Colleges” was released today.
Only about 15 percent of the country’s 2,500 four-year colleges and two colleges outside the United States are profiled, with detailed profiles and rating scores in eight categories.
Ripon College also was included in the “2018 Best Colleges: Region by Region” web feature in the Midwest category; 658 colleges were featured as academically outstanding.
The lists are based on several factors, including surveys of students attending the colleges. Selected student comments include:
- The “quiet beauty,” “welcoming nature of the campus” and “small class sizes and a lot of personal attention from professors” create a “friendly, home-away-from-home atmosphere.”
- “Ripon College is not all about sitting in a classroom listening to lectures and taking notes; it’s about teaching us to become more educated in the world around us and helping us to develop the skills needed to succeed.”
- “Ripon is a prime example of a college with a positive and supportive living and learning community.”
- “Ripon professors provide an interesting and intellectually challenging environment for students to discuss and to learn.”
- Professors “are not just teachers, but mentors!”
- “I cannot remember a time when I wanted to be anywhere else.”