Transfer orientation is designed specifically for those students who have started their college experience elsewhere. Ripon offers a winter and summer orientation for transfer students, depending which semester you enter the College. Programming offers transfer students a jump-start on life at Ripon by offering the opportunity to meet your academic adviser, plan first-semester classes, learn valuable information about resources at Ripon and meet other transfer students.
Winter Orientation will be held Sunday, January 14 and Monday, January 15, for all transfer students entering the College in the spring semester.
Sunday, January 14
- 9:00 a.m.: Residence Halls open for move-in
- 3:15 p.m.: Orientation Welcome (Joyce Lounge, Pickard Commons)
- 4:30 p.m.: ID photos with Assistant Dean of Students Jessica Joanis (Bartlett Hall)
- 5:00 p.m.: Dinner with Orientation Leaders (Main Dining Hall, Pickard Commons)
- Evening activity with Orientation Leaders
Monday, January 15
- 8:30 a.m.: Breakfast and academic overview with Associate Dean of Faculty and Registrar Michele Wittler (Mihaly Room, Pickard Commons)
- 9:30 a.m.: Student Life Division Tour led by Orientation Leaders
- 10:30 a.m.: Meet with advisors (if needed) and walk your schedule with an Orientation Leader
- 11:30 a.m.: Lunch with Orientation Leaders (Main Dining Hall, Pickard Commons)
- 12:00 p.m.: Evening activity with Orientation Leaders
Ripon offers Summer Orientation for transfer students typically during the third week of June. All students are required to pay their deposit prior to attending Summer Orientation, and a $25 orientation fee to cover the cost of one meal, program materials, entertainment and refreshments. Family members may register at a cost of $25 per person. Payment must accompany registration.