Each year, the Office of Constituent Engagement works with volunteers like you to host Rally Hours all across the nation. Here are a few FAQs to help you on your way to being a host.
What are Rally Hours?
Rally Hours are held in the cities of Chicago, Twin Cities, Cincinnati, Washington, D.C., Milwaukee, Madison, Portland, Denver and in the Fox Valley area with the purpose of bringing alumni, parents, and friends of the college together during the year. If you would like to host an event in a location not listed above, no problem! Send us the time, location and name of the venue at least 8 weeks ahead and we will send you everything you need to host a Rally Hour! Alumni host these events at local bars or restaurants, their homes, parks, sports events, and many other favorite spots.
What do hosts do?
As a Rally Hour host, we rely on you to help secure a venue, recruit co-hosts, and invite local area Red Hawks to attend the event. We also send you name tags for the event, ask you to take attendance, hand out Ripon swag, and take pictures of the group for use on our website, social media, and future alumni materials.
What does the Office of Constituent Engagement provide?
We’re glad you asked. We provide the following:
- A formal invitation to those in your metro or geographic region- 4-6 weeks before
- Social media posts/reminders
- Ripon College post on website calendar
- Complimentary appetizers
- Formal Ripon College email reminders to invited guests-4 weeks before and 2 weeks before
- Swag and name tags
- Attendee list for you to take attendance
What should I look for in a venue?
Look for a spot that meets as many of the following:
- Private or designated area with space for guests
- Access to public transportation
- Ample parking
- Minimal or no room deposit fee or other event fees (such as bartender fee)
- Willing to be flexible if numbers change closer to the date
- Notify Ripon College at least 6-8 weeks in advance with location and time details for ample time to market the event
How do we handle payment to a restaurant?
The Office of Constituent Engagement will reimburse you for appetizers that are purchased. Just send us a copy of the receipt. We ask that events are cash bar only.
What is the goal in hosting a Rally Hour event?
Rally Hour events offer an excellent opportunity for alumni, parents and friends to have fun while catching-up, networking, and learning more about what’s currently happening at Ripon.
Contact us today at [email protected]. Please plan to reach out at least two months in advance for us to best assist. Thank you for your interest in hosting a Rally Hour event, we look forward to working with you!