- B.A. Mathematics, Lawrence University
- M.T.S. Theology, Philosophy, and Ethics, Boston University School of Theology
- Ph.D. Religious Studies, Boston University
Current Courses Taught
- REL 235 Religious Models of Servant Leadership: Mohandas K. Gandhi & Martin Luther King, Jr.
- REL 240 Introduction to Eastern Religions
- REL 344 Religious Responses to Globalization
Awards and Honors
- Dempster Graduate Fellowship, The United Methodist Church, 2011
- Reverend Edmund M. Beebe, Lucinda Bidwell Beebe, and Frank D. & Bertha Howard Fellowships, Boston University School of Theology, 2009-2010
- Jacob Sleeper Fellowship, Boston University School of Theology, 2008
- David H. Tribou Fellowship, Boston University School of Theology, 2008
- Dean’s Fellowship, Boston University Dept. of Religious & Theological Studies, 2008-2012
- Student LeadershipSociety, Boston University School of Theology, 2007
- LANTERN Service Award, Lawrence University, 2002
Recent Publications and Presentations
- “Chinese Methodists in Malaysia: A Typology of Mission and Migration”. InHandbook on Popular Spiritual Movements in Malaysia, Singapore, and Indonesia. Edited by Michael Poon. (Expected publication in 2014).
- With Dana L. Robert. “World Growth of the United Methodist Church in Comparative Perspective: A Brief Statistical Analysis.” Methodist Review 3 (2011): 37-52.
- Co-Editor, Newsletter of the American Society of Church History 4:2-6:2 (Jan. 2009-Oct. 2011).
- “Missionary Education and the Chinese in Malaysia: A Case Study for the Symbiotic Growth of the Methodist Movement.” Methodist History 48:3 (April 2010).
- “Racial Images in John Wesley’s Thoughts Upon Slavery.” Wesleyan Theological Journal 43, no. 2 (Fall 2008).
Areas of Interest
- Servant Leadership
- Comparative World Religions
- Religion in Asia
- History of Christianity
- World Christianity