- 1964 B.A. (magna cum laude) Hanover College, Indiana
- 1968 Ph.D. Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois
Current Courses Taught
- Chemistry in Modern Society
- Organic Chemistry
- Chemistry Senior Seminar
Awards and Honors
- NIH Predoctoral Fellow, Northwestern University, 1966-1968
- PRF Summer Faculty Research Fellow, Northwestern University
- Visiting Professor, University of St. Andrews, Scotland, UK, 1999
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Mahnke, L. A.; Krause, R. D.; Frey, B. L.; Hendriksen, D. L.; Jahn, K. S.; Kultgen, S. G.; Walton, J., C., Scamehorn, R. G.; Aberrant SRN1 Reaction of 4-Aminophenol with _, p-Dinitrocumene: EPR Observation of Intermediates. Org. Lett. 2000, 2, 827-829.
- Scamehorn, Richard G. Rapid Sampling Methods for the Organic Chemistry Laboratory. Using a Diffuse Reflectance Accessory. J. Chem. Educ. 1996, 72, 566.
Areas of Interest
- Radical chain nucleophilic substitution reactions and the factors which affect reactivity in these reactions.