Personal website: www.margaretten.info
- B.A. in Sociology and Anthropology, Colgate University
- M.A. in Anthropology, Yale University
- Ph.D. in Anthropology, Yale University
Current Courses Taught
- ANT 110 The Human Experience: How to Think Anthopologically
- ANT 175 First Year Seminar: Africa!
- ANT 210 Societies of Africa
- ANT 215 Anthropological Research Methods
- ANT 300 Youth Cultures
Awards and Honors
- Ethical Leadership Faculty Summer Grant, 2011
- Andrew Mellon Foundation Post-Doctoral Fellowship, 2008-2010
- Wenner-Gren Foundation for Anthropological Research, 2005
- Fulbright-Hays: Doctoral Dissertation Research Abroad Grant, 2003-2004
- National Science Foundation (NSF): Cultural Anthropology Dissertation Grant, 2003-2004
- Foreign Language and Area Studies (FLAS): Summer Fellowship, 2001
Recent Publications and Presentations
- 2011. Standing (K)in: Street Youth and Street Relatedness. City and Society. 23(S1):44-64.
- 2011. uGogo: Residing with the Spectral in South Africa. Transition. Spring Issue 104:2-27.
- 2009. Street Life under a Roof. Anthropology and Humanism. 34(2)163-178.
Areas of Interest
- Sub-saharan Africa
- Youth Cultures
- Kinship, Gender, and Sexuality
- Post-colonial Development