Adjunct Instructor of Communication
Office: Smith 207
- Basic Information
- Awards & Honors
- Areas of Interest
- Professional Affiliations
- B.S., Carroll University
- Teaching Certificate, Marquette University
- Professional Development, Harvard University
Awards & Honors
- National Forensic League Distinguished Service Award
- National Forensic League Second Diamond Award
- National Forensic League Circle of Champion Coach
- Wisconsin Forensic Coaches’ Association Coach of the Year
- Milwaukee Public Schools Educator Citation
- Milwaukee Common Council Resolution
- Introduction to Debate: A Public Forum Debate Handbook. Beijing World Publishing Corporation (Beijing), 2013. Associate editor and contributing author for bilingual textbook in English/Mandarin, targeted for grades 8-12.
- “Debating, Speaking & Performing: Spark Cross-Curricular Critical Thinking to Meet the Common Core.” National Alliance for Public Charter Schools Conference, Accepted for June 2013 presentation.
- “Speech, Literature, Social Studies, and the Common Core.” Rostrum magazine, February 2013.
- “Speech and Debate in the High School Classroom.” Dipont Education, China, May 2012 presentation to 120 high school teachers in Wuxi, China.
- “How Co-Curricular Speech and Debate Programs Can Bolster Standardized Test Scores, Literacy, Critical Thinking, and 21st Century Skills.” National School Boards Association: National Conference, April 2012 presentation.
- “Advocating High School Speech Communication Education: Sowing Stronger Seeds for the Future.” National Developmental Conference for Individual Events, August 2010 panel/paper (National Forensic Association).
- “Communication Education in the Information Age.” National Communication Association: Convention, November 2009. Panel presentation, Elementary & Secondary Education Section.
- Coaching Guide: Directing Debate & Speech Activities. National Forensic League (Ripon, WI), 2009, 3rd ed. Comprehensive handbook designed for a variety of coaching/teaching circumstances.
- Student Congress Debate. Rosen Publishing (New York), 2007. Speech textbook.
Areas of Interest
- Forensic public speaking and debating
- Pedagogy of teaching
- Secondary education
- Common Core state standards
- Social media
- Wisconsin Communication Association (Secretary/Webmaster)
- National Communication Association
- Ripon Rotary Club (board of directors)
- City of Ripon Historic Preservation Commission
- Ripon Lumen Charter High School Governance Committee
- Harvard Debate Council – Curriculum Director and Tournament Division Coordinator