Joe Hatcher Jr.
- B.A. in psychology, Dartmouth College
- Psychology, Katholieke University of Leuvan, Belgium
- Ph.D. in psychology, Vanderbilt University
- Became a Licensed Psychologist December 2011
Current Courses Taught
- PSC 110 General Psychology
- PSC 175 Virtues, Vices, and Other Extreme Behaviors, a First Year Seminar
- PSC 211 Research Design and Statistics
- PSC 300 Forensic Psychology
- PSC 300.03 Dept. Studies: Topics in Motivation: Training for a Half-Marathon
- PSC 310 Advanced Clinical/Counseling Psychology
- PSC 313 Social Psychology
- Crossroads Academy: Ripon students working with students at Ripon’s alternative high school
- Green Lake County Correctional Institution: Students assist staff in interviewing and choosing programs for inmates. Students help design a program that reduces the risk of recidivism and sit in on therapy groups.
Awards and Honors
- Senior Award 2000, 2005, 2008
- Severy Teaching Award 2011
- Invited Speaker, Baccalaureat Ceremony, 2011
- Dick Ringler Distinguished Peace Educator Award 2011-12
- Worked in the Department of Corrections 2009-present doing group and individual therapy. Groups run include: Positive Thinking, Coping with Incarceration, Mental Wellness groups, and a Half-Marathon/10K group.
Areas of Interest
- The use of positive psychology in correctional settings, 33 Happy Moments: What do people remember and what is the effect of remembering?