- 2011 Ph.D. University of Colorado-Boulder, Boulder, Colo. (Sociology)
- 2002 B.A. Western Washington University, Bellingham, Wash. (Sociology and Psychology) - Magna Cum Laude
- American Sociological Association
- Midwest Sociological Society
- Pacific Sociological Association
- Society for the Study of Symbolic Interaction
- Wisconsin Sociological Association
Current Courses Taught
- Sociology 110: Introduction to the Sociological Imagination
- Sociology 205: Sociology of DevianceSociology 300: Special Topics, such as Social Movements in the U.S.
- Sociology 305: Self & Society
- Sociology 315: Sociological Theory
Awards and Honors
- 2010 Winner, Society for the Study of Symbolic Interaction, Herbert Blumer Graduate Student Paper Award.
- 2009 First Place, Midwest Sociological Society, Graduate Student Paper Competition.
- 2008 Winner, University of Colorado-Boulder Department of Sociology, Graduate Student Paper Competition.
- 2006 Nominee, University of Colorado-Boulder Graduate School, Student Teacher of the Year.
- 2006 Recipient, University of Colorado-Boulder Graduate Teacher Program, Best Should Teach Silver Flame Award.
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Eaton, Marc A. 2010. “Manufacturing Community in an Online Activist Organization: The Rhetoric in MoveOn.org’s E-mails.” Information, Communication, and Society 13(2): 174-92.
- (under review) “The Development and Enactment of Activist Identities Among MoveOn.org Memgers.”
Areas of Interest
- Social Psychology
- Social Movements
- Political Sociology
- Qualitative Methods