- B.A., Sociology, University of North Carolina-Asheville
- M.A., Sociology (minor in Appalachian Studies), Appalachian State University
- Ph.D., Sociology, North Carolina State University
Current Courses Taught
- Sociology 110 Introduction to the Sociological Imagination
- Sociology 200 Consumer Culture
- Sociology 202 Sociology Through Film
- Sociology 204 Sociology of Jobs and Work
- Sociology 302 Sociology of Health and Medicine
- Sociology 304 Death, Dying, and Bereavement
- Sociology 304 Sociology of Inequality
- Sociology 401 Methods of Social Research
- Sociology 402 Social Research Project
Recent Publications and Presentations
- Presentation: “‘Look in on This One, Folks!’: Auctioneers and Front Stage Entertainment in a Southern Auction House.” at the annual meeting of the Midwest Sociological Society; April 4, 2014: Omaha, Nebraska.
- Clark, Jacqueline, Review of Buy It Now: Lessons from eBay by Michele White; Contemporary Sociology. March, 2014.
- 2011 Clark, Jacqueline. “Engaging Students’ Minds and Emotions: Using Multiple Strategies to Teach About Suicide,” Sociological Imagination, 47(2): 17-20.
- 2009 Clark, Jacqueline. Review of Sociology Through the Projector inContemporary Sociology: A Journal of Reviews, 38(2):192-293.
- 2008 Clark, Jacqueline and Maxine Atkinson. “Analyzing the Social Construction of Gender in Birth Announcement Cards.” In Sociology Through Active Learning, 2nd edition. Edited by Kathleen McKinney, Frank Beck, and Barbara Heyl, Pine Forge Publishing.
- 2005 Clark, Jacqueline. “Constructing Expertise: Inequality and the Consequences of Information-Seeking by Breast Cancer Patients,” Illness, Crisis, and Loss, 13(2):169-185.
Areas of Interest
- Inequality (class, race, gender)
- Sociology of Jobs, Work, and Organizations
- Sociology of Health and Illness
- Qualitative Research Methods