Adjunct Instructor of Music
Office: Rodman 154
- Basic Information
- Bachelor of Music Degree – Music Education (Choral and Instrumental), MacMurray College
- Master of Music Degree – Vocal Performance, University of Hawaii- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Private Lessons: Voice
- “A Tale of Two Charlottes: Historical British Women Song Composers,” Journal of the IAWM (International Alliance for Women in Music), Vol. 18, no. 2 (2012)
- “Sally, Queen of Scots: The Rise of Scottish Composer Sally Beamish,”,Journal of Singing, Vol. 67, no. 5 (May/June 2011).
- “Amanda Aldridge, Teacher and Composer: A Life in Music.” Journal of Singing, Vol. 66, no. 3 (January/February, 201 0).
- “Composer Rhian Samuel: The Female Viewpoint and Welsh Influences in her Vocal Music.” Women in Music, A Journal of Gender and Culture, Vol. 8 (2004).
- “Composer Alison Bauld and the Dramatic Element in her Settings of Shakespeare for Voice,” Journal of Singing, Vol. 60, no. 1 (September/October 2003).
- “Discovering British Composer Elaine Hugh-Jones.” Women of Note Quarterly, Vol. 8, no. 4 (October 2002).
- “The Life and Songs of English Composer Betty Roe.” Journal of Singing, Vol. 58, no. 2 (November/December 2001) 117-134.
Reviews and Review-Essays
- “Parsons, James, ed. The Cambridge Companion to the Lied; Duffin, Ross. Shakespeare’s Songbook; Youngren, William H. C.P.E. Bach and the Rebirth of the Strophic Song; Starr, Larry. The Dickinson Songs of Aaron Copland. College Music Symposium, Vol. 45 (Fall 2005).
- “Elisabeth Lutyens and Jane’s Minstrels.” Women of Note Quarterly, Vol. 6, no. 4 (November 1998) 9-11 .
- “Rebecca Clarke – Songs for Voice and Piano, Voice and Violin and Violin and Piano.” Women of Note Quarterly, Vol. 7, no. 2 (May 1999) 14-17.