The Career Discovery Tour is a program committed to further expanding student-alumni career networking opportunities. In 2014, the program was recognized with the “Best Student Alumni Programming” award from the Council for Advancement and Support of Education.
Offered twice annually, during fall and spring breaks, the Career Discovery Tour provides 12-15 students the opportunity to travel for a week to vibrant cities across the U.S. to gain first-hand knowledge of a variety of careers directly from successful Ripon alumni and friends. Career Services staff accompany students on the tour and help to design meeting schedules and flex time that meets the needs of most students. Previous trips have included Boston, Chicago, Minneapolis and Washington, D.C. This critical engagement opportunity is made possible with support from the Alumni Board and others.
Ripon College will be traveling to Chicago for the Fall 2016 Career Discovery Tour. Deadline to apply is August 12, 2016.
Monday, October 17-Friday, October 21
- Board Chairman Ron Peterson ’70, Partner & Attorney, Jenner & Block
- Trustee Tom Abendroth ’81, Partner & Attorney, Schiff Hardin
- Emily Summers ’13, Assistant Director for Major Gifts, University of Chicago
- Christina Mooney ’13, Manager, International Currents Arts Gallery
- Ramzi Baydoun ’86, Senior Manager for Talent, Abbott Laboratories
- Alex Wente ’07, Senior Account Executive, CareerBuilder.com
$300 per student, includes travel costs, lodging and most meals.
Financial assistance available to those who qualify.