The Career Discovery Tour is a program committed to further expanding student-alumni career networking opportunities. In 2014, the program was recognized with the “Best Student Alumni Programming” award from the Council for Advancement and Support of Education.
Offered twice annually, during fall and spring breaks, the Career Discovery Tour provides 12-15 students the opportunity to travel for a week to vibrant cities across the United States to gain first-hand knowledge of a variety of careers directly from successful Ripon alumni and friends. Constituent Engagement staff accompany students on the tour and help to design meeting schedules and flex time that meets the needs of most students. Previous trips have included Boston, Chicago, Minneapolis and Washington, D.C. This critical engagement opportunity is made possible with support from the Alumni Board and others.
Ripon College traveled to Colorado for the Fall 2017 Career Discovery Tour to visit alumni and sights in Denver, Colorado Springs and Ft. Collins.
- Garrison Anderson ‘16 – Graduate Student in Communication, Colorado State University
- Jessica Solverud Archer ‘10 – Senior Business Process Engineer, Otterbox
- Arielle Denis ‘09 – Prevailing Wage Compliance Investigator, City and County of Denver
- Tonya Ewers ‘95 – Director of Communications for the Dean’s Office, University of Colorado’s Anschutz Medical Campus
- Lexie Shepard Kermani ‘83 – HR Technician, Food & Nutrition Services, Jeffco Public Schools
- Masoud Kermani ‘83 – Senior Software Engineer, Xilinx, Inc.
- Mike Milburn ‘97 – Chief Customer Officer, Salesforce.com
- Lori Stitch Obluda ‘91 – Attorney, National Legal Research Group