Kyonna A. Withers
Assistant Director of Student Activities
Campus Life | Multicultural
Multicultural and International Programming
This program works, through the Office of Student Activities and Orientation and the Division of Student Life, to:
- Facilitate the social, emotional, and educational development of students from traditionally under-represented groups (such as students of color, international students, and gay and lesbian students).
- To promote a more diverse and non-discriminatory campus community.
- Identify the needs and concerns of students from traditionally under-represented groups.
- Create programs speaking to issues of diversity.
- Assist with establishment of policies addressing diversity.
Download Previous Editions: Cultural Connections – Fall 2012
The Home away from Home program provides international students with a network of support and resources that extends beyond Ripon College.
This program provides members of the Ripon community and surrounding communities the opportunity to share U.S culture with international students. Community members are matched with international students and encouraged to invite the students to partake in typical social activities. These social activities provide a platform for cultural exchange.
Some examples of social activities:
Local Sporting Events
The program is what those involved make of it. It is our hope that Ripon College’s international students have the most positive experience they can have. We also hope the Ripon community can benefit from shared experiences with these students. It is our hope that a strong and long lasting bond can be created between Ripon College’s international student programs and the Ripon community. If you would like to take part in the program or have any questions please contact Kyonna Withers at Withersk@ripon.edu
Rosh Hashanah September 4-6
Home Series Dinners– every Tuesday in September
Black Student Union’s Welcome Back BBQ– September 11 5:30pm Scott Hall
Hispanic Heritage Month celebration– September 18, 5:30pm Pickard Dining Room
Native American Day– September 27
LGBT History Month– month of October
Higher Education Diversity Initiative Team conference– October 3, all over campus
International Month– month of November
Black Student Union’s Soul Food Dinner– November 10 5:15pm Great Hall
World Aids Day– December 1