The Campus Assistance Program (CAP) offers professional help to employees when personal issues arise. Concerns affect each individual differently. Difficulty with concentration, declining work performance, misuse of alcohol, fatigue or persistent “down” feelings may signal greater concerns which can be better coped with through discussion with a counselor.
Initial service can be obtained by talking with a member of the Counseling Services staff. Through this one time consultation, concerns can be defined and options for further assistance can be explored. If a referral to a community resource needs to be made, the Counseling Services staff will help provide the name(s) of appropriate resource(s). All aspects of this program are confidential. No permanent records will be kept by Counseling Services regarding the consultation.
There is no charge for consulting with Counseling Services. Charges for off-campus diagnostic and counseling resources will be the responsibility of the employee. Generally, costs incurred off-campus may be covered by the employee’s insurance.
Telephone numbers to assist you:
Assessment and off-campus referral service
- College Counseling Services (Cindy Viertel, MSE, LPC;
Emily Johnson, CRC, LPC): 748-8312/748-8344
Off-campus resource for diagnosis, treatment and referral
- Fond du Lac County Department of Community Services: 1-920-929-3500
24 hours per day, seven days per week
- Crisis Intervention: 1-920-929-3535
Primary care for acute illness and physician referral service
- Ripon College Health Services (Kathy Welch, Campus Nurse): 748-8141
Emergency health services available 24 hours per day, seven days per week. Walk-in care available after 5 p.m. on weekdays, 24 hours on weekends.
- Ripon Medical Center Emergency Room/Walk-in: 748-9126
Supportive services to survivors of sexual assault, rape or incest and their affected family members
- ASTOP (Assist Survivors: Treatment, Outreach & Prevention): 748-0565
- Crisis Line 1-920-921-7657
Support and intervention services for family and relationship violence
- FAVR (Friends Aware of Violent Relationships) (Ripon): 1-800-952-9571
- Crisis Line 1-920-923-1700