- Off-Campus Study
- Past Self-Designed Majors
Self-designed majors are for the mature student with special interests and abilities and the motivation to design a unique major not available through existing college programs.
Self-designed majors should be structured out of courses from different academic departments or disciplines, supplemented in most cases by independent study. The student’s academic ability, motivation, justification and coherence in planning will be considered when a proposal for a self-designed major is evaluated for approval.
Complete information regarding self-designed majors is located in the Ripon College Catalog. Please contact the Office of the Registrar with questions.
- Senior research project ponders theories related to time travel
- History and classical studies major learns more about fourth-century Christian poet Prudentius
- Next step for Zach Schmidt ’17: graduate studies in sports psychology
- Unique oration in Latin presented Feb. 24 by Ryan Slattery ’16
- Rory Nelson ’99 shares her start as a producer in D.C.
Director of Sustainablility
Visiting Professor of Psychology
Adjunct Professor of Anthropology
Visiting Instructor of Biology
Adjunct Professor of Business Management
Adjunct Instructor of Exercise Science
Ripon College faculty and professional staff are dedicated to helping you reach your goals, whatever they may be and however often they may change along the way. It’s part of our value statement to you.
As a student at Ripon, you will be assigned a faculty adviser based on your area(s) of interest. You will meet with your faculty adviser throughout your time as a student to discuss your current aspirations, plan your course schedule and plot a future trajectory. Staff in the Office of Constituent Engagement and Career Services help to match your interests to concrete goals and construct a plan for success, offering support through three stages of career development – planning, exploration and search. Student Support Services provides tutoring and additional academic and skill development, as well as tools to help with note-taking, exam preparation, goal-setting and time management. Mentors in the Collaborative Learning Center provide in-depth, one-on-one or group mentoring for students about class projects and college-level writing, and can share problem-solving strategies to overcome academic obstacles.
Whether you choose a program that is international or domestic, it is an experience bound to change your view of the world. Click to learn more about Off- Campus Study and Liberal Arts In Focus at Ripon College.
Financial aid continues for students who choose to participate in an approved study-abroad program; minimizing additional expenses.
Past Self-Designed Majors
- Ancient, Renaissance and Medieval Studies
- Classical Languages
- Classical Studies
- Criminal Justice
- Disability Justice
- Film and Media Studies
- Film Studies
- Journalism/Media Studies
- Library Studies
- Mass Communication Management
- Museum Studies
- Music Entrepreneurship
- Organizational and Persuasive Communication
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Political Economy
- Psychology of Deaf Culture
- Psychology of Social Issues
- Roman Studies
- Social Justice
- Sports Psychology
- Studies in Documentary Video
- Studies in Mass Media Communications
- Studies in Organizational and Team Leadership
- Virtual Narrative and Design
- Women's and Gender Studies