Admission | Orientation
Orientation for Transfer Students
Welcome Week 2013
Ripon College looks forward to welcoming new first-year and transfer students to campus on Saturday, August 24, 2013. Check-in in College residence halls begins at 9 a.m. Watch for signs when you arrive to campus directing you to the appropriate location for move-in to your specific residence hall.
Welcome Week comprises several days of activities coordinated by the orientation committee. These events are designed to introduce new students to each other, the campus and life in the Ripon College community in a real and meaningful way. For more information on our programs, please contact our office at 920-748-8112.
What to Bring
The lists below will help you plan for your academic career at Ripon College. Many of these items would be helpful to have on campus, but you may determine that not everything is necessary. We recommend you discuss with your roommate what can be shared.
- Pens, pencils and highlighters
- Stapler, paper clips, scissors and tape
- Pencil sharpener
- Three-hole punch
- Notebooks or notebook paper
- Binders or folders
- Backpack or book bag
- Computer disks
- Art supplies
- Musical instrument
- Note cards
- Post-It pads
- Small refrigerator (no larger that 4.0 cubic feet)
- Television/VCR/DVD player
- Radio, stereo & CDs
- Iron & ironing board
- Loft if desired (lofts may be rented from the college at http://www.campusloftsinc.com/, school code RIPC)
Room and Personal Supplies
- Pillow, blanket & sheet set
- Clip-on lamp
- Alarm clock (with a battery backup)
- Laundry supplies & basket
- Bucket or basket for shower supplies
- Sandals or thongs/flip-flops (for the shower)
Things to Leave at Home
These items are not allowed in the residence halls:
- Halogen lamps, candles/incense and fireworks
- Items with an open heating element such as hotplates, toasters, toaster ovens and pizza ovens
- Cats, dogs and caged animals (only aquarium fish are allowed)
- Air conditioners
View the entire schedule of events for Welcome Week below:
You can also download the booklet here: Welcome Week Schedule (PDF)
Transfer summer orientation is designed specifically for those students who have started their college experience elsewhere. It offers transfer students a jump-start on life at Ripon by offering the opportunity to meet their academic adviser, plan the first-semester classes, learn valuable information about resources at Ripon, and meet other transfer students.
Selecting a Session
Two sessions — June 26 and 27— are offered. Choose the session you’d like to attend as early as you can; the size of each session is limited so we can give you personal attention and answer all your questions.
Information for 2013 Attendees
A newsletter was sent to you via mail in early June with last-minute information for Transfer Student Summer Orientation. An electronic version of the newsletter will also be available on this page.