The Archives, located in Lane Library on the Ripon College campus, is open 8am-5pm Monday through Friday during the academic year and from 8am-4pm during the summer.
Scope of Collection
The archives is dedicated to preserving the history of Ripon College from its inception to the present. It contains records, yearbooks, college newspapers, photographs, manuscripts, letters and other types of materials and publications related to college history of enduring value.
Definition & Use of Materials
Archival material includes any historic record or document of or pertaining to Ripon College adjudged worthy of permanent preservation for reference and research. Materials available in the Archives are subject to copyright law with respect to photo duplication and publication. Researchers are asked to respect the material by handling it correctly and carefully, using only pencil while researching, and not having food or drink nearby while working on documents. Because many archival materials are fragile and are damaged by photocopying, users should assume that they will not be allowed to duplicate items and plan accordingly.
Staffing & Support
The Archives may be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (920) 748-8752. Like the Library, the Archives provides primary support to currently enrolled students, current faculty, administrators and staff. In addition the Archives supports Ripon College alumni, former faculty and staff, and others to the extent possible.
Location and Access
The Archives is located in Room 412, on the fourth floor of Lane Library. The Ripon College Archives is open from 7:30 am-4:30pm Monday-Friday during the school year and 8am-4pm during the summer. Call and make your appointment to visit the Archives (920) 748-8752. All materials in the collection must be used in the archives department.
The Ripon College Archives charges for research services. There is a $10.00 fee for up to 2 hours of staff research time. This fee is waived for alumni. Under normal circumstances the cost of shipping and handling is covered by the $10.00 research fee. However, the Ripon College Archives reserves the right to charge additional postage for larger shipments. Fees for scanning photographs: $5.00 per scan, per item (under 10 scans) $2.50 per scan, per item (for each item over 10 scans) Pricing for over 50 scans handled on a case by case basis $8.00 per black and white print on photo paper $10.00 per color print on photo paper
The archives consist of the following resources related to:
- Pictorial Resources Photo File; Portrait File; Oversize Photographs; Postcard Collection; Negatives; Slides; Video; Film
- Audio Resources Phonograph Records; Audio Tapes; Oral History Audio Tapes
- Personnel Files Former Faculty and Staff; Former Trustees; Alumni File; Registrar’s Records for some students
- Publications Student publications such as College Days and Crimsons
- Catalogs and Directories Ripon College Catalogs and Directories (Faculty, Staff, Student, and Alumni, and Campus phone directories)
- Events and Public Relations College Relations press releases; calendar of events; program file
- Departmental Files Historical papers of academic departments
- Books Reference Book Collection (History of Ripon College, etc.); Archival Management Book Collection
- Committee Reports Faculty, Trustees/Faculty Committees; Minutes of the Board of Trustees
View the full Collection Guide below:
Ripon College Archives Collection Guide (pdf)