Welcoming community sparked healthcare professional

Reesha Lopez ’09 of Seattle, Washington had planned to transfer to a new school after meeting her general education requirements at Madison College, but her plan wasn’t Ripon.

“My plan was to attend the University of Wisconsin-Madison, only because I hadn’t considered any other options,” she says. Although Lopez was accepted into UW-Madison, their financial aid package would have left her with no choice but to work to get by. Lopez, who spent her first two years working two full-time jobs, knew how difficult it was to work while a student.

Then, a former partner and Ripon alumna suggested Lopez look into other schools. Lopez decided to visit Ripon. “I still remember that visit — getting out of the car and absolutely falling in love with the picturesque campus,” she says. “Everyone I encountered on campus — employees and students alike — treated me so kindly and were all so welcoming. I decided right then and there that I wanted to attend Ripon College more than anything else. Needless to say, I was beyond excited to receive my acceptance letter and very generous financial aid package shortly after my visit.”

Transferring credits was no issue for Lopez, and she was able to apply them toward her two majors, psychobiology and English. Being an older transfer student meant Lopez brought with her life experience and preparedness for a college workload. At Ripon, she made lifelong friends and never felt excluded. “I’m forever grateful for the opportunities and experiences I received at Ripon College,” she says. “I have so many wonderful memories of my time there and wouldn’t trade them for the world.”

“My experience at Ripon was so much better than I could have ever imagined,” says Lopez.

After graduating from Ripon, Lopez received her master of public health degree from UW-Madison and currently works with hospitals around the United States as a healthcare IT project manager.

Find your spark at Ripon College.