2013-14 Caestecker Series Announced
Ripon College has announced its lineup of guest artists for the 2013-14 season.
The Caestecker Fine Arts Series:
- Videos and paintings by Joey Fauerso will be on view Sept. 13 to Oct. 17 in Caestecker Gallery. Fauerso will discuss her work at 7 p.m. Sept. 13 in the lobby. An opening reception will follow in the gallery. Fauerso’s work playfully projects her take on nature, culture and gender by critically rearranging discourses of the art historical past.
- The Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra, Wisconsin’s largest cultural organization, returns to Ripon College Sept. 29 for its 41st appearance on campus.
- Beth Winterfeldt and Nicole Hoiland will offer a collaborative presentation at 7 p.m. Nov. 1. in Demmer Recital Hall. Winterfeldt’s performance of Richard Danielpour’s “The Enchanted Garden Preludes” will share the stage with Hoiland’s sculptural works. A reception in the lobby will follow the performance.
The Chamber Music and Jazz at Ripon Series will include:
- Matt Ulery Group will perform at 7:30 p.m. Sept. 27. Ulery, a Chicago-based bassist and composer, has been performing since age 14. He plays many styles of music, including the entire spectrum of jazz, classical, rock, pop, gospel, theatre and folk — specifically American, South American, Balkan and other European folk styles. Ulery will be appearing with an eight-piece group, performing music from his acclaimed 2012 album “By a Little Light.”
- Jeewon Park and Edward Arron will perform at 8 p.m. Jan. 31, 2014. Park, a Korean-born pianist, has been praised for her “deeply reflective playing” and “infectious exuberance.” She is rapidly garnering the attention of audiences for her dazzling technique and poetic lyricism. Arron, a cellist, has garnered recognition worldwide for his elegant musicianship, impassioned performances, and creative programming.
- Blair McMillen will perform at 7:30 p.m. Feb. 14, 2014. He has established himself as one of the most versatile and sought-after pianists today. Dedicated to new and groundbreaking projects, McMillen is committed to performing contemporary music. Known for adventurous and imaginative programming, he has premiered hundreds of solo and chamber works.
For more information, visit www.ripon.edu/series. For ticket information, contact Jean Hooker at (920) 748-8791.