Fourteen for ’14
The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.
The Office of the President is pleased to announce the launch of the Fourteen for ’14 initiative to enhance the Ripon College campus community. The President’s Office will grant 14 different $1400 awards during the calendar year 2014. Proposals will be considered from any member of the current faculty, staff or student body. The goal is to enhance the quality of life at Ripon College.
Successful proposals will do the following:
- Serve the greater good of academic and campus life
- Benefit the greatest number of people at Ripon College
- Enhance the quality of life and reputation of Ripon College and the local community
(Funds will not be awarded for personal compensation.)
Past successful proposals have funded:
- Printing business cards for graduating seniors
- A guest lecture on contemporary anti-Semitism by the president of the Milwaukee Jewish Federation
- Adirondack chairs for outdoor use
- Rally Around the World international fair
- Student and faculty travel to present at an academic conference on Shakespeare
Please submit a one-page description of your proposal and a short detailed budget as to how you plan to use the $1400 award. Your proposal should include your name, position (or academic year if a student) at the college and full contact information.
The Fourteen for ’14 initiative proposals should be submitted using the online form on the right side of this page. The application deadline is rolling, and the 14 awards will be given throughout the year.
Awardees will be expected to compile a one-page report of how they used their award and submit invoices to document expenses.